Welcome to notes connected to the families of Carrington, Daugherty, DeLong, Pepper, Wilson, Bartholomew & Enke. This blogsite is an offshoot of Prairie Roots - a quarterly family newsletter sent to 120 households by Judy Hostvet Paulson.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thinking about June's Trip to SD

Last year my second cousin, Gail Fischer and I went to SD to meet family members that were still "strangers" to us. The trip was so terrific that I decided to do it again. This time I just put out feelers to a special cousin, Pam Johnson Rounseville, and right away, I knew we had a great trip ahead of us. Pam and I haven't seen each other in years and years but have kept in touch. All of aunt Delores' girls have been really special to Mom and me. I visited Pam's sister Shelley last year and there is just that bond between all of us that miles can't eliminate. My mom, Helen and Delores even look alike. I'm not saying that they had totally similar attributes, but you always knew they were sisters.

Anyway, Pam and her husband Dave are going with me this year. I already enjoy Dave, even though I've only communicated with him on the phone. They'll be arriving in Mpls. Tues, June 16th and we'll spend the evening at our home. Then early on Wed. we'll head off Uncle Ken and Aunt Betty's in West Point NB. We'll be pretty much spending the entire day getting to their house. We love & respect them so much that it's a given that this couple will be an important part of our trip. Well spend all day Thurs with Ken and Betty and then on Friday drive to Huron, where we'll be guests of Pete and Linda Marcus. We've got Sat. & Sunday to see family members in the Wessington/Miller/Huron area of SD.

We'll go to Dupree and see Ralph Pesicka in Dupree on Monday, June 22, and then continue on to Rapid City, SD. We're giving ourselves Tues, Wed, and Thurs. in that area, as we've got exploring to do (including Wyoming). Barb Goehring Geidel has agreed to help with a luncheon on one of those days, inviting many family members.

On Friday, June 26th, we'll go to Mitchell and meet up with Doug and Ella Mae Goehring and meet Uncle Al for supper at Parkston.

Next we'll drive to Wisconsin, hopefully meeting up with Gail Fischer, when we go into Minnesota. There will be a few days before Pam and Dave's flight leaves early, early on Wed., July 1. Hopefully we can explore a bit of Wisconsin...Maybe even going to Madison to see Marlin, Kay, Laurie, Don and Betsy.

This will be such a wonderful trip. We need to know who to visit with. I know that I want to see Charlotte Paulson in Huron. I really can't begin to list the great people that are our family. We are blessed! I love seeing every one of these people that share our heritage...one of creativity, love of knowledge, vision, determination, warmth, courage, and the determination to be true to self.

No comments:

Post a Comment