Welcome to notes connected to the families of Carrington, Daugherty, DeLong, Pepper, Wilson, Bartholomew & Enke. This blogsite is an offshoot of Prairie Roots - a quarterly family newsletter sent to 120 households by Judy Hostvet Paulson.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

More Bartholomew Notes

It's been such a long time since I've posted anything in my Daugherty/Carrington Blog. Just returned from the post office where I've sent out my Sept. Prairie Roots Newsletter and I need to get started with my blog again.

Months ago, I shared information that was gotten from a cousin of my grandmother, Irene Carrington Daugherty. I have another yellowed page of his information. The author is possibly a Robert Bartholomew. This particular chart deals with families. I'm not going to write everything down, as much has been included on this blogsite already. Just some interesting facts...

William Bartholomew, born 1602 (my 9th great grandfather)- He and his wife Anna Lord are both buried in Charlestown, Mass. next to John Harvard, founder of Harvard college. "Important man in the colony."

Isaac Barthomew, b. 1791 (my 4th great grandfather) - First settler in Waddington, N.Y. The home he built still stands in Waddington. Note: Need to check this out. Isaac's stones and those of Lydia Deming Crampton Bartholomew were buried in Sucker Brook Cemetery and their stones are still standing. Would love to visit that area.

Capt. John Johnson,b. 1590(my 10th great grandfather) - Came to Plymouth in 1630. Was made "Surveyor General of All Ye King's Armies in America". He was founder of Ancient and Honourable Artillery Co. of Roxbury, Mass. Note: There is some interesting reading on this organization on the Internet.

My 9th great grandfather, Capt. Isaac Johnson, born 1615, was killed while crossing a tree into the fort at Naragansett Fort Fight with the Indians, on Dec. 19, 1975 (King Philip's War). Much information can be found on the Internet.

My 8th great grandmother, Mary Johnson, born 1642, married William Bartholomew. They lived at Deerfield, Mass., where their daughter, Abigail was captured by Indians and taken to Canada. She was redeemed and returned eight months afterwards.

I'm going to continue for the next few blogs, reviewing this information. Very interesting...it's been awhile since I've gone over it...the very purpose of this blogsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment