Welcome to notes connected to the families of Carrington, Daugherty, DeLong, Pepper, Wilson, Bartholomew & Enke. This blogsite is an offshoot of Prairie Roots - a quarterly family newsletter sent to 120 households by Judy Hostvet Paulson.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

2009 South Dakota Trip - Pam's notebook

As mentioned in the previous blogpost, I'll be going through my bags of information and adding notes as I go along.

I'd like to mention the notebook that cousin Pam Johnson Rounseville kept to my definite advantage. I have a tendency to listen so carefully to a speaker that I forget to write notes. Or if I do write them, they are all jumbled up...written on any piece of paper that I find. My sincere thanks to Pam.

We've got the addresses and E-Mails of the Nebraska Daughertys...Uncle Ken and Aunt Betty's sons Kim (Nancy) and Fred. Also that of Pete (Kim, Jr.). A really wonderful visit to West Point, NE. Pete's got some delightful daughters. Pam has also written the recipe of S'More Brownies that Nancy made for us. Great with the delicious Nebraska steaks that we enjoyed.

Pam was busy taking notes at the home of Norma DeHaven in Wessington. We saw wonderful Bonnie Cavenee Runge and her brother Art and sister Marilyn. Their father was Lloyd Cavenee and grandmother was Pearl Wilson Cavanee. Verna Yarnall of Sioux Falls joined us. She is the daughter of Bonnie and owns a collection agency there. Joan Daugherty was our guide for two days...bless her heart. We received the phone number of Genevieve DeHaven Travis. I need to try calling her soon and get her most recent address. Gen is Jean DeHaven's sister...Norma's sister-in-law.

More notes from Pam...Spent time in Miller with Merlyn Parmely, son of Bertha Daugherty Parmely. We received the address of Merlyn's nephew Kevin and also the phone number of niece Twila Ford. I've been trying to get in touch with Twila for a long time. I'll give her a call soon.
Merlyn also shared the address of his son Mike. Merlyn owns the farm of his mother Bertha and father Archie. It is located 4 miles s. of St. Lawrence and 1 mile east. Merlyn's wife Bernice has several family members from the luck, Frederic, Cumberland area in our part of Wisconsin.

A mention of Vayland was part of our discussion with Merlyn. We also visited the Beulah Cemetery, North of Vayland, past Carr's Hunting Lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment