Welcome to notes connected to the families of Carrington, Daugherty, DeLong, Pepper, Wilson, Bartholomew & Enke. This blogsite is an offshoot of Prairie Roots - a quarterly family newsletter sent to 120 households by Judy Hostvet Paulson.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Aunt Beulah Daugherty Goehring's Photo Album



I like this picture of aunt Delores. One of many that I found in Beulah's picture album.

To begin...I need to take back something from the last posting. I'm not sure about the identity of the large "Uncle Edward" picture that Art Cavenee showed us. I'm almost ready to send him his photos back and a printed out family registry of the Wilson and the Enke families. I'll be glad to do this for anyone requesting this (Carrington, Daugherty, Bartholomew, Pepper, Enke, and Wilson families.)


While in Rapid City,SD, cousin Barb Goehring Geidel loaned us one of her mother's (Beulah Daugherty) photo albums. Let's go through it together. The cover has fallen off...obviously taped several times.

It opens up with a large photo of Barb's wedding day. Beulah is "fixing" up Barb's veil. What a terrific photo. It shows the love that these two had for each other.

Many of the photos are those little brownie prints...neatly presented with black paste-on corners...starting with the marriage of Beulah and Al. There are a couple of photos of someone named "Inman". Evidently that person, along with Nedra and Delores were a major part of the day. I'm scanning the photo of Beulah after one week of marriage. There are winter scenes of 1948 & 1949 of their farm in Delmont, SD.

There are some family photos of Grandma Irene, and the Daugherty siblings. I'm especially scanning photos of Delores, for her children. The following pages are missing photos of Douglas and photos of Al's family. Now the pics are taken by a variety of cameras. Still neatly presented. Later we have that lovely picture of Uncle George and Helen June in front of the Daugherty Store. I next come across a few of cousin Pam that I know she would love. Cute little tyke.

There are some delightful portraits of Goehring cousins...Al's sibling's children. Next the Colorado Springs Zoo. I like the pics of Uncle David and his dad, Fred. Fred seems to have a cigarette in his mouth...hand rolled. I came across a photo of Uncle George in a "literary pose". Hadn't seen it before. Some great photos of a reunion in 1952.

It's interesting that Dad (Dale Hostvet), Uncle George, and Uncle Ben were all very good photographers. I did quite a bit of scanning on Johnson family photos. They are very well finished. None of these photographers ever made it into the digital age, though Dad was ready to purchase a digital camera. Wonder what they would have done with all new technology. Maybe it would have taken the joy out of photography for them. Don't know...can only speculate. I love the picture of Uncle David and his newspaper route.

Enjoyed the Wall Drug pictures of all of us. I've got them somewhere in my own photo collection. Also a very poor photo of Mom's cousin Glenn Deaver and his wife Carol. Would love to find Glenn's children.

Loved the picture of Kathy Springer Taggert at 3 years old. A couple of great photos of Gram Irene with the Goehrings. There are several pictures of my family that I already have. On the back cover of the album is a Memoriam ribbon of Al's grandmother. All in all, a nice memory trip through our growing up years.

No comments:

Post a Comment