Welcome to notes connected to the families of Carrington, Daugherty, DeLong, Pepper, Wilson, Bartholomew & Enke. This blogsite is an offshoot of Prairie Roots - a quarterly family newsletter sent to 120 households by Judy Hostvet Paulson.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Daugherty/Carrington Prairie Roots

Readers of Prairie Roots can now post memories, quotes, pictures, letters, and opinions regarding the Daugherty, Pepper, DeLong, Carrington, Wilson, Bartholomew, Enke and many more surnames from the past. We are members of a talented, thoughtful, educated, adventurous, and kind family and we have a goal of keeping in touch and sharing our heritage. Thanks for your continued communications...Judy Hostvet/Paulson

5 comments:

  1. Great idea Judy! If fact, you could probably have those people with internet use this instead by creating a link to the quarterly newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super idea you have come up with. I really wish I had more to help out, but as I have told you in the past e-mails my dad and 2 uncles were never to takative about the past. Now they are all gone and I wish I had had more interest back then 15 to 20yrs ago and taped what they did talk about. I tell my kids now to make sure they keep records of all photos and memories, so in the future they can refer back.


    Lorne DeLong from Saskatchewan, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new at this so if I do not respond quickly please forgive me.

    I especially was interested in the news letter that contained so much about the Mabel McGirr family as I remember that sweet lady coming to Canada and visiting us here in Saskatchewan. She was a lady full of energy and excitement, as she travelled around with my dad and mom. This was the only relative of my dad from the States to ever come here.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy-sure do appreciate your efforts in following these family lines! I know it takes alot of hard work and time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to get to know our relations.
    For those of you who don't know me, I am Patricia Stirrett. My Great Grandmother was Lizzie Carrington Hall. Lizzie and her sister married Hall brothers, Lizzie married Archibald, and Thirza married Andrew. I have documentation showing Lizzie and Thirza's Teaching Certificates from La Crosse Wisconsin.
    My Grandmother Ethel Hall (Lizzie's daughter) told me that she (Ethel) graduated from eighth grade in the spring and went to summer school and became a teacher that fall. I would be willing to bet that she had some boys in her class that were bigger than she was.

    ReplyDelete