Welcome to notes connected to the families of Carrington, Daugherty, DeLong, Pepper, Wilson, Bartholomew & Enke. This blogsite is an offshoot of Prairie Roots - a quarterly family newsletter sent to 120 households by Judy Hostvet Paulson.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Looking for Twila Parmely Ford

Perhaps I can use this blog site to find Twila Parmely Ford. I've been looking for her for a long, long time. I've got a couple of Christmas cards in front of me and a short note sent to Edith (Hill?) from the McGirr family (maybe). I'm not sure who I got them from. Perhaps Aunt Beulah many years ago.

Twila is the daughter of Donald Parmely, Bertha Daugherty Parmely's son. Bertha was the sister of my Grandpa Fred Irvin Daugherty. Twila is my 2nd cousin. I have heard that she also is interested in family information. She is only a year older than me and I would love to find her.

The one Christmas card shows a 1975 Mack Truck called the "Purple Road Runner". It's signed by Ed and Twila Ford with Max and Bandit (horses) and dog Shadow. The second shows Twila dressed in Native American garb, long hair, on a horse and another with Western clothing alongside a darker horse. The date is 1978 and it is signed like the first card. An address of: Twila V. Ford (Roving Rep.), Billy Walker Fan Club, 6911 Midway Drive, Cheyenne, Wyoming, 82001 is attached. She mentions wanting to finish her family tree by 1979. It sounds as though Twila was doing her share of truck driving.

Her note tells about driving home to Lusk to attend a couple of anniversaries. One being Everret and Margaret Parmely. She mentions the death of Claude Parmely on 5/12/77 and visitng the Parmelys in Casper. Twila helped work on the Wyoming Trucking Association Bowling Committee for the convention in Casper and also winning the Ladies High Point Game in their Bowling Tournament. She again mentions working on family information. I have penciled in 150 West Jefferson Rd., Cheyenne, so that must have been the last address I could find for her. I've had no luck using that address nor looking for her on the Internet.

I would love to find her. Twila is one of my brick walls that keeps on nudging my thought processes. Can anyone out there help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment