Welcome to notes connected to the families of Carrington, Daugherty, DeLong, Pepper, Wilson, Bartholomew & Enke. This blogsite is an offshoot of Prairie Roots - a quarterly family newsletter sent to 120 households by Judy Hostvet Paulson.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Family Tree - Not exactly Easy to Share

Many times I've had very interested family members desiring a "family tree" with all branches showing. Actually doing this is not an easily accomplished. To be really useful, these charts would have to fill a wall in your home. Get the scotch-tape ready. And have reams of paper ready for printing.



Today I'll try to show you the idea of a "tree chart" concerning the DeLong Family. I will only go back a few generations to start with. I've scanned the first two charts, beginning with my mother, Helen Hostvet. This doesn't show any of her siblings and their families, but might give you some idea of grandparents...going back several generations. I prefer genealogy reports. So much information can be included in them. But the actual "branch illustration" needs to be done with Pedigree charts. Bear with me and I'll find the two pedigree charts that I did for the DeLong family today. I'll be continuing this for all of our family branches. If you want to go back farther with generations, I can do that for you. Just let me know.

I'm going to start the next blog with these two pages of the DeLong Pedigree Chart. I want to encourage readers to put "their two cents worth in". I know you have lots of ideas to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment