Welcome to notes connected to the families of Carrington, Daugherty, DeLong, Pepper, Wilson, Bartholomew & Enke. This blogsite is an offshoot of Prairie Roots - a quarterly family newsletter sent to 120 households by Judy Hostvet Paulson.

Monday, March 18, 2013

March 16, 2013 - Planning a New Strategy

We are excited about the granddaughter of Mom's double first cousin, and her new husband, coming to visit us!  It's a snowy white world out there, but I know we're going to share some warm memories.  We haven't met each other before, and our house is getting some revamping, causing lots of sawdust everywhere, but from the tone of Nicky's messages and letters, I know that they will be easy people to host.

My next strategy...not sure how much more information I will obtain, but I'm going to take those same people that I searched on Ancestry and try them on Family Search, a free genealogy program, researched and shared by The Church of the Latter Day Saints.  This is another source that I haven't checked up on for quite some time.  I know there are some exciting new features, so it should be an interesting process.

We'll begin with Deborah Gisbert Peppers, my 4th Great Grandmother (1779-1856). 

I quickly changed my mind.  LDS Genealogy now has a subscription and is named Archives.  I need to find out more about this as disappointment is with me as one by one, once free programs are becoming part of Ancestry.  I could be wrong...hope I am. 

Instead I'll be going through the packet of family information that my cousin Gwyn sent me.  What a treat.  Much of the packet was information that her mother (my aunt Lori) had already given me many years ago.  Going through it, bit by bit for this blog will better help me become attuned to "old" information that probably hasn't been thought about for a long time. 

My wonderful Uncle Ben Johnson
Thanks, Gwyn...we might have met once, over 40 years ago when I was a mother-to-be and you were a little girl. I remember the house you lived in and your wonderful dad who was making all kinds of interesting wines.  We were on our way to or from a wedding in New Hampshire of a very close friend.  I real feel close to Gwyn's family.  We have so many things in common. 

No comments:

Post a Comment